Trained by the Hypnobirthing Institute (by Marie Mongan herself), Katharine provides the core hypnobirthing techniques and also has a unique breadth of experience, gained over many years in complementary medicine, that has given her the expertise to offer guidance in many areas to care for the health and wellbeing of expectant mothers, fathers and new born babies.
She has a rare depth of understanding of childbirth having trained as a doula with Michel Odent, the leading obstetrician who started water births. Katharine's holistic approach has made her courses increasingly popular, with a growing list of moving and positive birthing stories.
- The Association for the Improvement of Maternity Services (AIMS)
- The Royal Society of Medicine
- The Clinical Register of Advanced Hypnotherapists
- The Hypnotherapy Association
- The Hypnobirthing Association
- The Kinesiology Federation
Katharine's ideas have recently been filmed for a BBC documentary on Hypnobirthing has also had an article published in The Times and had numerous other press coverage which can be read here...
She has four grown-up children as well as an ever growing 'family' of hypnobirthing babies.